- 6.00pm – 9.00pm
- 3-hour sessions (follows the academic year)
- Online and paper-based resources for study and practise
- Deaf Community members visit for conversation practise sessions
*NB: we hold interviews for our Level 2 and Level 3 courses to maintain course standards.
Location: Oakgrove Secondary School, Milton Keynes
During the course, you will learn:
Linguistics elements such as idioms, informal/formal signing register. Topics that are covered on the course are:
- Deaf home life
- Deaf education & employment
- Daily living
- Deaf culture and behaviours
- Deaf equipment
Activities include group discussions, practicing receptive and translation skills.
At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion. Should you wish to obtain the Level 3 qualification, you can go on to attend our Level 3 Award course.