- 6.00pm – 9.00pm
- 3-hour sessions (follows the academic year)
- Online and paper-based resources for study and practise
- Deaf Community members visit for conversation practise sessions
*NB: we hold interviews for our Level 2 and Level 3 courses to maintain course standards.
Location: Oakgrove Secondary School, Milton Keynes
If you wish to achieve your Level 3 qualification, you can attend our Level 3 award course. There is no formal teaching of the elements of BSL, as it is assumed that you have already attended our language training course. We provide group practice sessions, one to one feedback sessions and mock exams to help you prepare for the actual assessments.
There are 5 assessments to test your receptive and practical skills:
- IBSL3.1: receptive skills assessment by means of watching a BSL video clip
- IBSL3.2: presentation assessment to demonstrate productive skills.
- IBSL3.3 and IBSL 3.4 (assessed together as one assessment): A one to one conversation assessment.
- IBSL3.5: Deaf Culture question paper.
- IBSL3.6: a ‘live’ assessment in the presence of an External Examiner
All the above evidence, apart from the ‘live’ assessment will be collated into a Coursework File.
Due to the detailed nature of the level 3 qualification, all students are invited to an assessment day to check signing skills are at the appropriate level for the qualification.