BSL Level 1 Training
Our Level 1 course is designed to help you achieve the necessary skills needed to communicate using British Sign language. We provide an enjoyable, supportive environment where you will learn signs across a range of topics so you can be confident when signing with a Deaf person.
- 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- 2-hour sessions
- Online and paper-based resources to use for practise
- Fingerspell names, places and when to use fingerspelling
- Number related signs e.g. dates, time and quantity
- People and animal-related signs, including how to describe them
- Different types of transport, directions and travel signs
Our BSL Level 1 follows the iBSL accredited course structure. You will learn a range of vocabulary such as food, people, pets and work so you can have a variety of discussions using BSL. This course will suit you if you want to communicate with family or friends who sign, enhance your current skill set or looking to change career. You will practice conversation and understanding (receptive) skills in classroom sessions. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Looking for a higher level course? Level 2 course info can be found here