Our online British Sign Language (BSL) Level 3 course follows the iBSL curriculum and starts in September. Due to Covid-19, we are running a number of options to suit your learning needs. You have 3 options:
- One to one tutorial sessions via Zoom
- Group sessions (2-3 students) via zoom
- Group sessions that offer both online and face to face sessions*.
Here is the key information you need to know:
Duration: 150 hours of guided learning* (plus 130 hours of private study)
Date: 22nd September 2020
Time: Tuesdays evenings, 6 pm
Who is this course for?
Course topics include:
- BSL linguistics
- Deaf culture and history
- Education & employment
- Daily living
What is the course format?
Activities include group discussions, practising receptive skills, one to one tutorials and presentations. The course will be delivered using a range of formats:
- Live tutor sessions via Zoom
- Classroom sessions (in small groups)
- Sessions with Deaf Community members
- Online resources including our BSL vault of videos of various ‘Deaf voices’
*Prior to attending the course, we invite learners to a one to one session with our tutor (via Zoom) to assess your current standard of signing and to identify any gaps in your knowledge. The session is absolutely free and will be booked at a time convenient for you. More importantly, this session also gives you the opportunity to decide if our British Sign Language Level 3 course is the right course for you.
*Guided learning hours includes the time set aside for assessments.
**Assessments are an additional cost of £450 and includes the cost of the external examiner visit.